Growing Old Gratefully

2 January 2006

Hmm...2006 is here and yet - it doesn't feel much different. I went over to Saz place for the countdown - we had a little alcohol, but alot of fun just talking and chilling out on his balcony, with tea candles around us. The most touching moment was when we did our toast (orange juice/Absolut Peach) and I reckon Eezam made the best toast, "For those we lost and those we found in 2005."

How true is that? Of the group of us two nights ago, only 4 of us (there were 9 of us there that night) were from the original batch that celebrated NYE in 2004. We all agreed that it was pointless making resolutions (meant to be broken). So we decided to have goals. Realistic goals. Mine was to do more travelling.

Anyway, I guess what I really mean to say is - looking back on 2005, it wasn't as bad as 2004 - though I had a lot of challenges and obstacles to overcome in 2005. I did manage to come through (it felt like getting lost in a maze and you don't know whether to turn left or right.).


I am grateful for the things that happened in 2005, very little love was lost, and I guess now I am ready to grow old gratefully.

Many thanks to all you who gave my life more meaning and opened it up a little bit more in 2005.

No comments: