Meeting Neil Gaiman

8 July 2005

Ok so here's my take on what happened on Wednesday. I got to Borders at around 7pm, roamed around there for about 15 minutes while waiting for Wayne to arrive. I had no idea where Paul was and I didnt have his number. At 7.15 we officially started queueing up for Neil's signature. I WAS excited, but tried to look cool and calm about it. Here's what the queue looked like:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The back and front of the queue.

After 3.5 hours of queueing, we finally got to the front - but only after they'd cut down the number of books per person to be signed from 3 to 1. So I had to choose. Ugh..
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have to add that the Borders staff were very rude - and what made the rudeness more unacceptable was that they were all smiles about it (sadistic bastards!!). They rushed us through, and unless you're some hot chick in a spaghetti strap top who wanted a short chat with Neil, you'd find yourself being told to fuck off (in the most polite way possible, and not in those exact words either) by the staff. Dan didn't even have time to take a proper picture of me getting my book signed.

All in all though, the experience was good. Meeting Neil has given me a renewed sense of wanting to write again..

No comments: