Eromanic

9 July 2005

Last night was awesome!! I went for my audition and we played some of the originals written by Trevor and Derek. "Being me" is so sticky it seems like even riotgrrl music can't override it in my head. That is a good song, and even if I don't get to continue playing with the guys after July 31st, I'd still encourage Trevor to write more stuff like "Being Me".

I had supper with Rubin, Raphael and the beautiful Sophia Natasha last night - well, we hung out in Rubin's crib until we managed to drag Sophia down to Mas Ayu.

The whole time though, all I wanted to do was sing. My fingers were itchy and I kept playing imaginary bass with the song "Entertain" in my head (of course Being Me was lurking somewhere in the back of my head as well). There were so many sexual innuendos flying back and forth last night in the group, I was really surprised when I didn't really join in and played the passive listener with nary a passion for a witty word or two. The only thing I did was ogle this hottie who was seated 4 tables away from us, and even when she left eventually, I didn't really do or think much else except music.

Eromanic - a word I came across in Sophia's blog - which basically means someone who is obsessed with the idea of being in love. A year ago Eromanic would have described me perfectly, but in and out of the yellow brick road has taught me a few things - that love isn't enough. Plus also that I have all the love I really need right now from friends and family. I understood that everything has to start from the Self, and I have learned to stop looking for love outside of myself. Which reminds me of a famous saying:
"Before you can really love someone else, you have to learn to love yourSELF."

No comments: