Killer Boats

7 November 2005

Last Saturday I did the spontaneous thing and went on a day fishing trip to the same kelong we went to in April. I needed to get away, even if only for a day, just for a breather and to get some ideas for writing.

During the journey I had the opportunity to review a cd by a group I had only just read about in this month's Maxim. At first I was skeptical about them, but after a few turns of the CD, I'm starting to like The Kills more and more. If you like PJ Harvey, you will definitely love The Kills - right now all I can say is they're a cross between PJ Harvey and the White Stripes. But then again, The Kills do have their own style - heavy on the distortion and drums, but in their own way.

Here's some tracks I'd recommend from their latest album,"No Wow."
1) I hate the way you love
2) Sweet Cloud
3) Restaurant Blouse
4) At the back of the shell

Apart from sampling The Kills, I also made a new friend during the trip, had a lot more fun this time around and caught alot more fish too :)

It started to rain during the later part of the afternoon, and there was a real heavy storm with threats of tidal waves - despite all this, I thought the scene was really beautiful. I've always loved rainy days - those are like moments of cleansing for me.

But just sitting there and watching the rain fall into the sea, and the crashing waves that seemed to get bigger then smaller every now and then...I don't think tidal waves bothered me much - only thing I worried about was not being able to fish enough cos of the storm. Still, I enjoyed every minute of the trip..





No comments: