29 June 2005

It's 1.55am Thursday morning and I'm finally getting ready for bed. By chance earlier I switched to Starmovies and managed to catch the beginning of Prozac Nation. I'd actually already read the book 2-3 times over the last 3 years, but this was the first time I was getting to watch the movie.

The movie clarified alot of things that I couldn't understand in the book, and on hindsight, I realise how many similarities I share with Elizabeth Wurtzel.The reasons for writing, all the anger, the unhappiness, the inability to see beyond the pain - and all the time trying hard to focus everyday on how to be contented with the things and people around me. To just be.

At some point (which is also mentioned in the book) Elizabeth says how she wished sometimes that an angel would come down and help her see the beautiful side of life worth living, as the angel in "Its a Wonderful Life" helped Jimmy Stewart when he was at a point of contemplating suicide. And all I could think then was that Elizabeth Wurtzel had lived the life I'm living now.

No comments: