Moving on (and out)

25 May 2006

So ok, I've been sick the last 2 days..it was bound to happen, especially after lengthy exposure to Rubin's persistent coughing and Lynette's fever/cough over the last few days before I finally succumbed. Bah...but it was a welcome change from routine work and stuff.

The film script is almost done, and definitely I will be finished by this weekend.

Mum is heading for Perth for a few days over the weekend...how nice. Wish I could go..but then again maybe not, seeing how I'm so involved in my current workload and the film project.

Went for the usual marking/writing session with Chlorine on Tuesday arvo. Not much I can say about that except I had some tasty seafood fetuccini for lunch, and then Chlorine persuaded me to help her finish her Club Sandwich. The afternoon sun was lovely, not too hot, not too cold. I guess that helped with my writing. That, and listening to Chlorine's stories.

Just finished reading Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse 5". There was one paragraph that caught my attention, and it was between the main character's friend, Rosewater, and a psychiatrist who was counselling him.

" I think you guys are going to have to come up with a lot of wonderful new lies, or people aren't going to want to go on living."

It's interesting, because I have always thought that what we carry out and live through in our lives these days are truths that started out as lies that were perpetually repeated so that eventually, those listening would eventually take these lies as the truth.

"If a lie is told often enough in the end it will become the truth."

Just my thoughts.

I just started cleaning up my room today. Started with the little things. Then on to the bigger things, eventually I will be able to rearrange my furniture.

I am one step closer to moving out (in a few months).

Geez, this blog entry is getting lame.

No comments: